Summer is all about special occasions, whether it’s a beautiful summer wedding, a relaxing garden party or going out for dinner and a few cocktails on holiday. So, you want to make sure you have the perfect outfit to go alongside that occasion you’ve been looking forward to all summer long. To celebrate these events and to give you some styling ideas for that ultimate summer special occasion outfit, I’m sharing three of my favourite, straight from my wardrobe. I’ll also be giving you tips on styling them up and the best accessories to last you through every event this year.
This is a new discovery for me, as I’ve always loved them on other people and a few weeks ago I finally found the one for me and took the plunge and bought it.
It’s the perfect way to have a put together look really quickly, as you simply pair them together and you’re outfit is already sorted. This one is slightly different as it is a pair of high-waisted patterned trousers and a cropped Bardot top to match, all from New Look. So when pairing them together they look like a really cute jumpsuit, but without the all in one and needing to go toilet dilemma.
The best ways to nail a co-ord are:
- Pair them with neutral accessories and let the co-ord do all the talking.
- As it’s summer, go for something patterned and bright, as it makes your whole outfit standout more and look that little bit more summery.
- Think about your body shape, and what individual items suit you. If a blazer really suits you and you love a good skirt, then a blazer and skirt combination would be perfect for you.
The Mini Dress
A dress is one of my favourite go-to items when it comes to special occasions, because I love how effortless they are yet they still look super pretty and feminine.
This is one of my favourite dresses in my collection, from AX Paris a few years ago. I love how it’s a really gorgeous silky satin fabric, with really bright flowers on it. It’s a real mix between classic florals and modern styling, and I love the contrast. It’s perfect for a wedding, as it’s still summery and pretty, but is more idyllic and also slightly bridal.
Here’s some of the best places to bag that ultimate summer occasion dress:
- AX Paris is a beautiful destination for occasion dresses, whether it’s a mini, bodycon, maxi or skater dress you’re looking for. They have it all in beautiful patterns and at such affordable prices.
- Karen Millen is another gorgeous place to find that perfect special occasion dress, however it’s expensive and would be an investment piece or for a super special summer occasion.
- Coast is another great choice, when looking for dresses in all matter of different styles and patterns. They also do accessories too, which is wear this beautiful nude box clutch bag, in my hand is from.
The Tailored Trouser & The Blazer
This is a real representation of my style at the moment, as I’m really loving neutural colour blocking and then adding a pop of pattern or colour. This outfit does both, with this beautiful blouse from Primark, these tailored trousers from New Look and the key luxury piece; this blazer from L K Bennett.
This is the perfect choice if jumpsuits or dresses aren’t really your thing, or the occasion is in the evening or more casual. You can pair this blazer and trouser combo with almost any style of top and create so many different looks, whether it’s a lace cami, blouse or even a casual tee. Which would be great for a garden party.
Here’s some tips for styling those tailored trousers:
- Find a style that suits you, whether it’s a paper bag waist, a general flat waist band or a more formal tailored trouser. The better the fit for your body shape, the better they will look.
- Pairing them with a casual top half, such as a tee, nails that smart casual look and is perfect for everyday or even for drinks on holiday.
- Find a pair you love, from a brand you love and buy them in every colour. I love these ones from New Look, and have them in three different colours, because I love the fit and style of them so much.
What special occasions are you going to this summer?
*This post is dedicated to my boyfriend and amazing photographer Ed, who has taken the most gorgeous pictures that have really made this post beautiful.