Baking is something I really love to do to relax and spend time being creative in the kitchen. As easter is coming up and it’s all about enjoying the sweet treats, I thought I would get baking and make some of my own. So, i’m sharing a super yummy and amazingly chocolately rocky road recipe, which is an easter themed version of the lovely Tanya Burr’s recipe.
What You Need:
– A Saucepan – A Spatula or Wooden Spoon – A Glass Bowl – A Square Tin – Grease Proof Paper or Tin Foil – Weighing Scales – A Rolling Pin – A Sandwich Bag
For The Rocky Road:
-150g Butter -350g Dark Chocolate -4 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup -250g Plain Digestives
For The Topping:
-100g of Mini Marshmellows -90g of Mini Eggs -50g of Melted Dark Chocolate -3 Cream Eggs -Small Bronze Honeycomb Decorations
1.Line a square tin with grease proof paper and measure out all of your ingredients.
2. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup together in a bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water on a low heat.
3. Put the digestives into a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin until there is a mix of crumbs and pieces of biscuit left over.
4. Pour the biscuits into the chocolate mixture and stir in the mini marshmellows.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and make sure it’s completley even.
6. Cut the cream eggs in half and position across the top of the rocky road, as well as the mini eggs and any other chocolately decorations you want to add.
7. Melt the 50g of chocolate in a bowl above a saucepan of boiling water on a low heat, and then use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of the rocky road.
8. Put the rocky road into the fridge for at least 2 hours, however leaving it over night is also a really good idea.
Are you going to be doing any easter baking this weekend?