Going on holiday for the first time without your parents is always something you look forward to, however it can also be quite daunting. Knowing that you have sort everything out yourself, be responsible, pay for everything and still have a good time, is a lot to take on all at once. So, as back in February me and my boyfriend Ed had our first ever holiday alone together, I thought I would share 10 things that I learnt along the way…
- Do Your Research – Research the place or area you’re going to, so you can know about the best places to go and visit. You don’t want to miss on going somewhere that’s really interesting or beautiful, and by doing your research hopefully that won’t happen.
- Planning Is Key – Making sure that you know what you’re going to do every day on your holiday, plan meals, arrival times etc. This will make your life so much easier. It makes you feel so much calmer and like you’ve got your sh*t together on your first holiday.
- Small Holidays Are A Good Start – If you don’t feel ready for a full week or longer holiday alone, then just go for a short staycation at first. This isn’t so daunting and makes it feel more manageable, especially as you don’t have to worry about airports and any real travel times.
- Make The Most Of Everyday – When you go holiday, especially a long weekend, you’ve taken the time off work or uni to go, and so you want to make the most of everyday, even the travelling ones. We went to Bath on the way home from our holiday in Wells, as it was a break in the journey and was also a place we really wanted to visit.
- Take Chocolate Snacks and Bubbles – These were two things we loved to tuck into after a day full of exploring, and was a nice holiday treat to have.
- Create A Holiday Playlist – This was one of my favourite parts about the holiday, as we had a huge playlist to listen to and sing loudly to in the car as we went on our 3 hour journey. It made the journey so much more fun and was a good start and end to the holiday.
- Go With People You Love To Spend Time With – You’re going to spend a lot of time with this person or these people, whilst your on holiday, so make sure you go with people you love to spend time with and that like doing the same things as you do. It makes your holiday so much more enjoyable and easy!
Have you been on your first holiday alone yet?