As I celebrated my 19th birthday a few weeks ago, I thought I would celebrate it by looking back at 18 of my favourite moments from my 18th year; and well what anamazing year it’s been. From buying my first car, going on a birthday trip of a lifetime, organising our 6th form leavers ball and meeting my boyfriend; it’s safe to say this year has been far from boring….
1. Turning 18 and my birthday party – This was a massive event just on it’s own, as I celebrated saying goodbye to childhood and moving into my first year of adulthood. I celebrated it in style with an amazing party, plenty of prosecco and so many amazing people around me.
2. New York- There’s not enough ways to describe how amazing this trip was; it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I loved every second of exploring the city and the jam packed days we spent in the big apple. It has to be my favourite city in the world so far, and I cant wait to go back again.
3. Buying my 1st car- My 18th year saw me make the biggest purchase of my life so far, as before that all I had ever spent was a few hundred on a good designer handbag, and buy my first car. It’s a little Citroen C1, is metallic green and is my absolute pride and joy. I love her and don’t know what I would do without her.
4. Passing my driving test– Not too soon after buying my car, and after a hell of a lot of practice and lessons, I passed my driving test second time. Learning to drive was a true labour of love for me, but one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life so far. I love driving and the freedom I get from it, so I’m so glad I persevered and didn’t give up hope.
5. A hen do and a wedding- One of my best friends Sasha had an amazing hen do and got married earlier this year. It was such a magical day,she looked so beautiful and I’m so happy for her and her husband in their new journey as mr and mrs.
6. Lots more 18th’s– One of my favourite moments of this last year has to be celebrating all of my friends turn 18 and helping them enjoy their special birthday. I’ve had some amazing parties, celebrations and drunk nights to remember from this year!
7. Nights out– Following on from all the 18th celebrations, there has been many nights out over the last year;as I’ve visited mosh a few times, had quite a few taxi’s home and wanted a kebab after every night has ended. Let’s say I’ve had some eventful nights out that I wont ever forget!
8. Ed Sheeran Concert- Around March/April time I got the chance to go to a sold out Ed Sheeran concert, after a last minute chance to get tickets, and it was by far the best concert I’ve ever been to. Not only do I just love his music, but his ability to be able to entertain a massive audience completely by himself, just amazes me.
9. This blog turned 5– April marked half a century of blogging for me, and its been a bit of a whirlwind ever since, as I’ve worked with numerous companies throughout the year on some really interesting content. I’m hoping to get back into blogging now and focus on working with more brands to create some amazing content for you all.
10. Getting a new job– If A-levels, uni applications and life wasn’t enough, I also got a new job in June as the place I worked at before was closing down and I needed a new challenge. Even though it was super scary, and not amazing at first. I love it now and am already starting to feel like i’m getting a new work family.
11. Making a mastectomy bra- As breast cancer is so close to my heart, after watching my mum go through it herself, I knew my a-level product design coursework had to be based around something to do with that. So, one of the biggest moments of the last year was that I managed to make a mastectomy bra for my final piece and create a project I was incredibly proud of.
12. Meeting my boyfriend- This has to be one of the biggest and best parts of my 18th year, and that was meeting my boyfriend. He’s the most loving, caring and considerate guys I’ve ever met, makes me laugh until I cry, is my partner in crime and just an amazing person to be around. It’s been a crazy 3 months with him, but so amazing.
13. Organising the 6th form leavers ball- One of my greatest achievements this year has to be organising the 6th form leavers ball with 3 of my amazing friends. It was a long process, and we seemed to hit every hurdle possible, but it turned out to an amazing night and I loved every second of it.
14. Finishing school- My 18th year marked my final few days in school and sixth form. It was quite an overwhelming experience to think you will never have to go to school ever again or have a set school day, but its an amazing feeling of freedom and the true start to adulthood.
15. Visiting Paris again- July marked our bi-annual family holiday to France, and this time it gave us the opportunity to head to Paris for a little girly get away. It was only short, but sweet and I had an amazing time looking round all the shops and taking in the beautiful sites. Hopefully next time I go will be with my boyfriend, as he’s never been and I would love to show him round the city.
16. A-Level Results- August brought round A-Level results and one of the best days of my year so far. I got 2 A’s and 1 B, which I was so over-whelmingly proud of and will always look back on with pride. Also, that night brought a mass of celebrations from an amazing family meal to a great night out with some of my favourite people.
17. V-Festival– Straight after results day brought my first festival, and one of the best experiences of my life. I went with two of my best friends and had such an amazing time. We laughed, drank, ate, saw so many amazing artists and made some lifelong memories. Camping isn’t really my thing, but I embraced it and loved every second of it. Just maybe not the toilets or being cold in my tent at night.
18. Starting Uni- Finally just before my 19th birthday, I started my next chapter and headed off to uni. Even though I’m living at home and going to a uni in the city near to where I live, it was still a massive deal to me. But, I’m loving every second, making some amazing friends and the course is amazing so far!
I think its safe to say that my 18th year was a pretty busy one packed full of amazing memories, people and moments that I will never forget. So, here’s to the future and having many more amazing experiences….