Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and is the time to show just how much love that special person in your life. That could be your boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband or just a time to celebrate the single life. However, it’s far from the greatest day to enjoy when you’re single, and are surrounded by friends and family that are all in relationships. So, to give all those single guys and girls out there something to relate to this Valentines Day, I thought I would share a few of the good and bad realities of living the single life…
- “Is there something wrong with me?”- When you’ve been living the single life for a while, after many failed dates and messages; you start to ask yourself whether there is actually something wrong with me? You just start to think that you must be either really weird, a bit odd looking or just super unlucky.
- “I’m going to be single forever”- Single life is definitely fun, when you don’t have to worry about what anyone else wants to do or how they feel, but you do get to that stage where you think you will always be single and end up a crazy old cat lady. You think you might as well give up on love and ever finding that perfect man.
- “Do you have a boyfriend yet?”- This becomes a constant question, on all of your families lips, as all your grandparents ask you every week is ‘have you got a boyfriend yet’. Not only do they not realise it’s not as easy as just going up to someone and saying you think they’re drop dead gorgeous, but you also don’t want to be set up their friends grandson.
- “It’s all about going out with the girls and seeing some eye candy”- When you’re single you have time to dedicate to spending with your best girl mates and going out looking for some really good eye candy. You have no reason not to look at any gorgeous men, whilst you’re on a night out, and have no else’s feelings to worry about. You’re single and can do what you want, when you want.
- ” I’m way too picky”- This is such a reality for me when it comes to the single life, because I’m just so picky about who I like and would even pursue. Unless I really like something about you and could see myself in a relationship with you, then I’m not interested and I think that’s where I’m going wrong?
Have you got any tips for saving a non existent love life?