Christmas is has to one of my favourite events in the year, just because everyone comes together to celebrate the season and spend time with the ones we love the most. It’s the only time in the year when everyone just stops and takes the time to enjoy the festive season, and everything that comes along with it. So, I’m going to share 10 things I’m really looking forward to this Christmas time…
- The Food– I don’t think there’s anyone that can deny that they’re not looking forward to the food this Christmas season. I can’t wait to stuff my face in all things turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes and also a good old piece of chocolate Yule log. Generally, I don’t really love heavy food, however when it comes to Christmas I can’t get enough of it and for me, it’s one of the things that really defines Christmas.
- Relaxing– This Christmas brings the last school Christmas holiday’s I will ever have, and so I really want to enjoy it and ultimately relax. Catch up on sleep, as I’ve had so many late nights recently, binge watch Christmas specials and films, as you can’t do Christmas without a good TV night; and finish all my shopping and wrapping of Christmas gifts.
- Spending time with family- I’m a real family lover. They mean the world to me and I don’t know what I would do without them all by my side. So, to be able to spend a whole day with my family, just celebrating and catching up, is something I can’t wait for. For everyone to just be able to chill out, not worry about work or college the next day and just all catch up, really can’t be beaten.
- Playing Games- Christmas is the one time of the year, except from holidays, that we all have time and are willing to play loads of games. As there’s quite a few of us, when we get together we love to forget about the TV and play a few good old fashioned board games. Monopoly, Scrable and Pictionary have to be some of our favourite’s. Although, Monopoly has to my ultimate favourite game to play.
- Snow- Now this is one that I’m really hoping will happen this Christmas time, as I can’t ever really remember having a proper white Christmas in the UK. We don’t really get a good amount of snow and when we do, it very quickly turns into sludge. So, I really wish that we can have snow this Christmas. It would be perfect if we did, and I really don’t think you can beat it, during the festive season.
- Present Giving– This is the second year I’ve been able to buy all my Christmas presents myself, and so I can’t wait to be able to give out all my presents this festive season. To be able to see all my loved ones open a present, I hope that they will love, is the most amazing thing and something I enjoy even more than receiving presents.
- Christmas Eve– Christmas eve is my favourite day of the whole festive season. I love it maybe even a little bit more than the actual day itself! The whole routine I have, of starting the Christmas celebrations at work and spread the Christmas cheer, going to the church carol service and then spending time with my godmother and her husband. It’s like a real countdown to Christmas for me, and I can’t wait for the real festivities to start.