Throughout the short time I’ve been alive, I’ve been through quite a lot of difficult and challenging times, that have helped me to grow up and become the person I am today. However, I’ve also had so many amazing memories, that have shaped my views on just how important friends and family are, and that life is too short not to enjoy yourself and experience everything you can. So, in celebration of my 18th birthday, I thought I would share 18 life lessons, I’ve learnt ,in the 18 years of my life so far.
- Life is too short; buy the shoes, eat the cake and do everything you want to do, whilst you still can.
- Everything happens for a reason. You might not always realise the reason at the time, but everything is meant to happen in a certain way.
- You never know what is round the corner tommorow, so live in the moment and enjoy every minute of the present day.
- Family and friends really are the cure for any problem and will help you get through the most difficult times and celebrate the most amazing times, of your life.
- You’ll never be able to replace your parents and the bond you have with them. So appreciate every moment with them, as when they’re gone, you will be able to treasure those times and look back on the amazing memories you have together.
- Worrying really gets you nowhere. It will not change what is meant to happen and will just drive you insane in the process.
- Always work hard, as it will pay off and you will succeed.
- Reach for all your dreams and aim high. You can do what whatever you set your mind to do and if your really believe you can do something, and have enough drive, you will!
- Laughing is one of the best therapy sessions EVER, and will solve so many problems.
- Don’t deal with other people’s shit, speak your mind and the right people will respect you for that.
- If you don’t like me or want to be friend, then don’t bother. I’m not about impressing and changing for anyone, but myself.
- Give everyone a chance, and try to get to know everyone, no matter who they are or what age they are. Some of my good friends at work are a lot older than me, yet we can still relate to each other and I respect their opinions, about life and the world, a lot.
- Surround yourself with inspiring people that get you, love you and will always be there for you.
- Create the life that you dream of, and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. It’s your life and only you know what will truly make you happy.
- Always try to act out of love. Even if it goes wrong, you know your intention was right and that your heart is in the right place.
- Make sure you make time for yourself, and your own time to renew and re-fresh. Sometimes having a bit of quiet time is all the therapy you need.
- Everyday is a fashion show, and every place and event you go, is your runway.
- Always be curious about what there is to come in life. Don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve and know there is so many more amazing memories to come.
If you’re interested in having a little nosy as to what I wore and got up to on my 18th birthday, you can go and have of my post all about it HERE.