When it comes to my favourite seasons in the year, summer doesn’t normally come into that list. The lack of sun that we usually have in the UK, the variety of interesting summer dressing that appears and the lack of really good TV; makes summer one of my less favourite seasons. However, I think summer 2016 may have finally been able to bring me around to changing my opinion, on the hottest season of the year. If we’re lucky. So, I thought I would share 10 reasons why I have loved summer, this time around…
1. In the UK we have actually had more sun than rain. Usually UK summers are absolutely nothing to talk about and definitely not anything you could really enjoy. If it’s not raining then it’s unbearably hot, there’ s not normally any in-between. But, this year has been different and we’ve actually had lot’s of gorgeous sunny weather, to the point where I’ve even managed to get a bit of tan.
2. I think I’ve finally found my perfect summer style. Summer dressing is something I’ve always struggled with, and even up to a few months ago I’ve found it really hard to nail down what trends and style’s I love for summer and which ones I’m going to give a miss. However, I feel like now I’ve really got my summer style semi-nailed thanks to finding some of my ultimate summer wardrobe items and putting it all together to create my ideal holiday wardrobe.
3. Spending time with my mum. When it comes to who I love to spend time with the most, my mum is always someone who comes out tops. We love doing the same things, which is usually shopping, have the same interests and just love spending time together. I think it’s so important to care and take time to really look after your family, especially your mum, as you only get one after all. You can find about more about me HERE.
4. Really enjoying photography and using Instagram. These two things come hand in hand, because this summer I’ve loved documenting my summer through taking beautiful photo’s to share with all of you on Instagram. Why don’t you go and give me a little follow @rachelydia? I’ve got a little theme going on and I’ve just really enjoyed taking lovely photo’s, from my holidays and fun things I’ve done during the summer, to document on my Instagram. Although, I don’t know what I’m going to fill my Instagram with when Autumn hits.
5. Getting a good work balance. This is one of the more boring reasons of this post, however if you have a part time job then you will know where I’m coming from. Sometimes you end up working way too much and have no time to enjoy summer, even though you’re going to have a massive pay cheque at the end of the month. But, this year I’ve been lucky and managed to get a good balance, with a bit of work but also free time.
6. The #SummerSpecial blog series. If you didn’t already know, for the whole month of August, I decided to embark on a new blogging adventure and create a monthly series inspired by summer. I’ve loved challenging myself to keep to my blogging schedule, even though this post is going to up a bit late today, and experimenting with some better content. You can go and catch up on the series HERE.
7. Changing up my hair and makeup. This summer I’ve really loved changing up my hair and trying out a few new different hair style’s to wear. My go-to one, at the minute, has to be having a scalp braid in the top section of my hair and then having loose waves/curls, in the rest of my hair. Make up wise I’ve been addicted to changing up my eye makeup and buying new palette’s. I’ve really been loving the more rose gold vibe and a lighter crease colour.
8. Party planning. This is almost a bit of a cheat, because the party I’m planning for is not actually in the summer, but I’ve still been making plans for it, during the last few months. I’m having a party to celebrate my 18th Birthday in October, and so I’ve really been enjoying doing all things party related. Designing invitations, making and getting decorations and ultimately finding the perfect venue.
9. A new series. I’ve really loved watching an original BBC comedy called ‘Boy Meets Girl’. It’s an hilariously funny drama that follows a young couple, and their family, through life and preparing to get married. I’ve really been enjoying having a good laugh and I just think you can’t beat a really good comedy. The new series of ‘Friday Night Dinner’ on channel 4 is also amazing as well. I really recommend you go and have a watch of both of them.
10. Having holidays in the UK. I usually think that in order to have a really good, sunny summer holiday, then abroad is the only way to go. However, this year I was proved completely wrong ,as I went on my summer holiday to Eastbourne and Brighton. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and Brighton is such a vibrant and amazing place to visit, I really recommend a trip. Also, a trip to the Sherwood Center Parcs proved to me that you can have a really good holiday in the UK, with the amazing accommodation and sub tropical swimming paradise.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post and are loving your summer so far. You can go and catch up with the rest of the #SummerSpecial series HERE.