As we’re well and truly into the summer season and the summer holidays are literally just around the corner, I thought I would share 15 ideas, of what you can do to occupy some of your time this summer.
1.Build a den | It’s something that we all loved doing when we were children and now it’s time to re-create those childhood memories, but with a bit of a twist. I recommend getting plenty of Pinterest-friendly cushions and throws, a few sets of fairly lights and of course a laptop and a good film, to whittle the day away.
2. Have a road trip | Everyone loves a good road trip, and they’re even better on those long, hot summer days where you can really have a full day filled with road trip antics. Whether you want to make a day of it, or just travel an hour away, from home, the key to a good road trip is a killer playlist that you can listen to throughout the whole journey, some of your favourite snacks and treats to keep you going, and of course some great company.
3. Host a garden party | Whether you looking to having a chilled out evening reminiscing on old times, with the people you love the most, or choosing to host a pool party and get all your friends over for a good gossip, a garden party is something you need to throw this summer. In England we don’t get much chance to be in the garden and enjoy the weather, so try and make the most of it. Check out THIS post, to see how to plan an amazing party on a budget.
4. Have a lazy day | No summer is complete without at least one lazy day, where you just chill at home and do exactly what you want to do. My favourite things to do on these days is to go makeup free, pick some of my favourite TV Series or films and just chill out in my pyjama’s all day.
5. Create your own cocktail | Summer is all about cocktail’s, and mock-tails of course, so creating or working out what your favourite summer drink is, will ensure that your thirst will always be well quenched. This will also help you create a drinks list for any summer party you may be throwing.
6. Do a D.I.Y Project | Pinterest is absolutely full of d.i.y ideas, and this summer it’s the time to finally choose one. Whether it’s as simple as a little bit of paper craft and creating your own cards/stationary, or a more complex fashion d.i.y, it’s all about having fun and doing something different this summer. Check out my D.I.Y Crafts Pinterest board to get your creative juices flowing.
7. Visit a water park | I’m really obsessed with visiting a water park this summer, and just chilling out in the pool with some of my best friends. So, I thought you might be too, and that this summer should be dedicated to having lot’s of water park fun.
8. Go to a festival | Summer is the official festival season, and there’s one out there to suit everyone. The key to festivals is being super prepared, being ready to ruff it for a few days, and most of all to have an amazing time with friends/family.
9. Bake something | You really can’t underestimate the power of a good baking session, and how much fun it can actually be. It can keep you entertained for hours, and all you need is one of your favourite recipes, a kitchen and a bit of amazing company. Check out my Food Pinterest board, for lot’s of lovely foodie ideas.
10. Learn something new | You always have so much time on your hands during the summer, and it’s the perfect time to learn a new skill. You could decide to learn how to play an instrument, how to nail a new makeup trend or even just a new way to style up one of your favourite wardrobe items; it’s up to you.
11. Go to a new exercise class | There’s so many different exercise classes out there, and summer is the time for you to try out a new one. Whether it’s Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, or a new dance class, just take the plunge and do something different. You never know, you may fall in love with it.
12. Go to an outdoor cinema night | These evenings seem to be super popular at the minute, and I’m really loving their old fashioned Grease Vibes. The best way to enjoy them is with great company, a good picnic and plenty of blankets and throws to keep you warm, during the evening.
13. Explore a new place | Whether that’s in this country or abroad, it’s all about experiencing a new place full of different culture, traditions, food and quirky little shops and villages. Travelling and exploring is one of my favourite things to do, and is something you can never get bored of.
14. Start a blog or YouTube channel | As the internet is now becoming full of such talented people, from across the world, it’s a great time to think about joining the fun. Whether it’s beauty, fashion, travel, food, lifestyle, or just general life, that you’re passionate about; then that’s all you need to get started. If you just want a project for the summer, you could just do a travel or summer blog, and only document a small section of your life instead. It’s completely up to you.
15. Spend time with family and friends | I can’t explain how much family and friends mean to me and it’s so important to enjoy their company and make amazing memories with them. At the end of the day, they’re the most important things in life, and you should always treasure them.